l

September 26, 2013

We have a winner!

Good evening all! 
I apologize for the tardiness of my post.
The insanity level here at Animal House is off the charts today!
I won't go into details, but just know that I AM on my 4th glass of wine.

Anywhoodle .... 
Seasons.
That was the theme I choose for this weeks Haiku.

The subject was covered from g-strings to Vivaldi!
In between there were references to the Harvest Moon, folly of youth, The Bible, sweaters and bikinis.

I loved them all!

But ..... (there's ALWAYS a but) 2 really caught my attention ....

Foam:
Crisp and magical!
A golden season glorified -
Vivaldi's Autumn..

I HEARD this 'ku in my head while reading it .... breathtaking!

Doom:
time for all seasons
kiss, kill, plant, harvest, remote
yet every hand feels

For very personal reasons, this struck me deep.

So, for me, this was NOT an easy selection!
But, after much deliberation, I have chosen ......

FOAM!!!!!


Congratulations to EVERYONE!!!!!!!!
Have a great weekend y'all!  



Labels:

6 Comments:

At 9/26/13, 11:07 PM , Blogger darkfoam said...

Me?? Really? Okay. And thank you, Blazng! Actually, I think you should have won .. :-). Your haiku to your mother was touching.
I'll post the topic at least by Saturday.

 
At 9/27/13, 5:09 AM , Blogger Doom said...

Fantastic! It is wonderful to be considered so strongly, and yet... yield so easily to a superior poem! Congratulations foam. :)

Oh, and, yeah, wine. Fourth sip, eh? Yum, mostly. Thanks for the contest and your efforts. Be well.

 
At 9/27/13, 6:31 PM , Blogger Karl said...

Good evening BlazngScarlet ,

Considering the mud we've put on your carpet. You've been a most gracious host, thank you.
Fourth glass of wine? Should've blown it off and gone straight to boilermakers. In my humble opinion.
Congratulations Foam!
Doom, well done on the honorable mention.

 
At 9/28/13, 7:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Blaze, the season certainly caught up with me. That snow I was expecting Thursday turned into the first winter storm Friday and dumped tons of heavy, wet snow on lots of fully leafed trees. Down limbs on electric lines everywhere. We just got power back half an hour ago after we waylaid a line crew to tell them where our down line was here. Needless to say we are not yet in elk camp. Needed to deal with too much other fallout. Heavy snow, 25 degrees, no power or water, could not get gas, some stores closed, others in need of help, etc. The county I am in is bigger that New Jersey, and every town was out of power. They lost 18 transformers, and it knocked out 4-5 substations.. The crews have done a great job

Now, tomorrow we are hoping to get outa' here.

Congrats Foam, I may have time to drop off one for grins before I leave. Phew!

Serendipity

 
At 10/11/13, 8:12 PM , Blogger Rafael said...

If I's drinking, I is nekkid...and if I's nekkid...well...never mind.

It's been tooooo long, Blaze, come bear me a 'ku with nothing on top :D

Raf

 
At 10/27/13, 10:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Blaze,

Stop by at Serendipity and drop a Haiku in for all of us.

 

Post a Comment

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here .....

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Who links to me?